Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

28 February 2007

Quick Update

So we had our first meeting for what is tentatively titled The New Musical Project. The producer Gretchen, the Musical Director Joe and I met with four of our six cast members, the accompanist and the stage manager. It was an informal meet & greet and Gretchen and Joe did most of the talking. I don't have too much to say about this show right now, but I am very excited to be working on a new show (I haven't really worked on my own show since Boys' Life and Brittney's one-woman show).

It is Spring Break in a couple days and I am going down to Sarasota with two of the directors for a couple of days to check out the Asolo branch of FSU's grad school (that's where the actor MFA program is) and then I'll be back in Tally on Monday.

And I watched Géla Babluani's 13 Tzameti tonight, which is a film all about style and tension. It does what it does very very well. It's a mood piece with lots and lots of suspense. It's also a real-life film noir (not neo-noir like The Black Dahlia and Brick; real noir.) But the film doesn't really allow the viewer in. It's a good movie, but impossible to relate to on any real emotional level (unlike the excellent afore-mentioned Brick).

No comments:

Post a Comment