Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

03 February 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Series' End

Yeah, so, I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End this morning. Actually, I watched the first hour and forty minutes or so last night and then the final hour and ten minutes this morning so I could send the DVD off in its little red envelope back to Netflix.

Do I really need to tell you that it was stupid? As with film number two, the plot made very little sense. Orlando Bloom is gorgeous. Um... what else? The things for which the film received Academy Award recognition were indeed stellar. The makeup was exceptionally cool, and the effects, as usual, were rather stunning. I had no idea what was going on half the time, and there were about twelve pauses where we had sad dialogue about how people couldn't be with their true loves and junk like that. I have already said many times in this forum how bored I get when an action movie decides it's going to be about love for ten minutes and then returns to action. Stay an action movie! We don't care about love. We're here to watch shit blow up!

I laughed out loud three or four times, which is more than I can say for Pirates Part Two. It was mostly just really fucking boring. I didn't hate it, honestly, but I was expecting it to be much worse and it wasn't too horrible. Plus I broke up the monotony by watching it in stages. Maybe I'll watch Norbit in stages. No. It's probably best to just get it over with as quickly as possible (like virginity).

No comments:

Post a Comment