Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

02 January 2016

Best Actor 2015

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz, and the actors who I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

GÉZA RÖHRIG, Saul Fia (Son of Saul)
 
CHIWETEL EJIOFOR, Z for Zachariah

ABRAHAM ATTAH, Beasts of No Nation

MICHAEL FASSBENDER, Steve Jobs

EDDIE REDMAYNE, The Danish Girl 

Also loved:
Tom Courtenay, 45 Years
Idris Elba, Beasts of No Nation
Alexander Fehling, Im Labyrinth des Schweigens (Labyrinth of Lies)
Michael B. Jordan, Creed
Viggo Mortensen, Loin des Hommes (Far from Men)
Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight

Apologies to:
Tom Hardy (Legend), and Al Pacino (Manglehorn), whose films I have not yet seen but will see soon.

Related:
My Best Actor Picks from past years (2004-2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment