Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

06 January 2020

Best Supporting Actress 2019

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz. They are not in order of my preference. Instead, the actors whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.

DIANA LIN, The Farewell

JULIANNE NICHOLSON, Monos

ZHOU SHUZHEN, The Farewell

KATHY BATES, Richard Jewell

NICOLE KIDMAN, Bombshell

Also loved:
Cardi B, Hustlers
Luàna Bajrami, Portrait de la Jeune Fille en Feu (Portrait of a Lady on Fire)
Laura Dern, Little Women
Billie Lourd, Booksmart
Fernanda Montenegro, A Vida Invisível
Karin Neuhäuser, A Hidden Life
Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Dolemite Is My Name

Related:
My Best Supporting Actress picks from past years (2004-2018)
My Best Actress picks from 2019
My Best Actor picks from 2019
My Best Supporting Actor picks from 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment