Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

21 August 2005

It's Times Like These I Wish I Had a Camera Phone

I'm in love. With a piece of furniture. Well it's not really so much furniture as it is a decorative item for my dining room. After purchasing a Veronese-style sconce at Z Gallerie, I went music shopping (picked up More Adventurous, Rilo Kiley's new album, which you should own if you don't) and then I got way-laid by Pier One. Well, it was more like, "I never go into this store because it feels like a big enormous chain that doesn't really carry any style with it, but maybe I'll try it out... I might like it after all, and this is a weekend for changing my mind about things I thought were for preppy white people."
And then... I saw this enormous clay pot and I fell in love with it. And I actually purchased it. It has absolutely no functional purpose whatsoever. It's merely an objet d'art, but it's currently taking up a large amount of previously unused space in my dining room and I love it.

And tonight after rehearsal, Wahima and I went with Ashley to see a production of Merrily We Roll Along (the Sondheim musical) in Brea. It was, not too surprisingly, quite a good show, and three of us had a very nice time.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if I told you LJ, but I'm doing the Artist's Way morning pages again and I think it's really helping me. It means I have to get up a half hour early but I just do it and the commitment seems easy, like that first week on the South Beach Diet. It's just something I'm doing now: waking up a half hour early and writing three pages in my journal. And it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment