Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

20 November 2005

Weekend on Drugs

Oh to be young and strung out on drugs.

On Thursday, I came home from work and tried to take a little nap. It didn't really work out. I slept for about an hour and a half: probably just enough to get me energized and ready for the 12:30a screening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire at Universal Citywalk. I know I'm crazy, but my friends were all doing it and I'm just all about that Harry Potter. Anyway, the movie (which is great, by the way) got out around 3:00a or so and I got to sleep around 4:30a (I don't know why I felt compelled to check emails and such when I got home.)

So on Friday when I got up at 7:00a I wasn't really doing so well. (2 1/2 hours of sleep isn't exactly an ideal situation). Work was fine, though, and much to my surprise I was named Employee of the Month. There's, like, a whole nomination process and shit, too, so I don't know how it happened. Anyway, it was really cool.

After work I drove out to Brea to meet my friends and then we drove down to La Jolla to stay with another friend and hear the Limbeck Band play. FOR FREE. And they were so fucking awesome.

We tooled around San Diego on Saturday. I bought shoes. I bought shirts. I bought underwear. We went to Dick's Last Resort for dinner. The waiter was hot. I drank waaaay to much. And then I did the not-as-embarassing-but-equally-as-silly equivalent of drunk-dialing: drunk-text-messaging.

I'm home now, though, and I'm looking forward to a short week with lots of food and some good movies.

Now if only I could get my university applications underway...

No comments:

Post a Comment