Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

09 January 2008

Best Actor 2007

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote:


VIGGO MORTENSEN, Eastern Promises


BRAD PITT, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford


TOMMY LEE JONES, No Country for Old Men


CASEY AFFLECK, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford


DANIEL DAY-LEWIS, There Will Be Blood


Runners-up in alphabetical order:
Adrien Brody (The Darjeeling Limited)
George Clooney (Michael Clayton)
Russell Crowe (American Gangster)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Lookout)
Rolf Lassgård (Efter Brylluppet [After the Wedding])
Heath Ledger (I'm Not There.)
James McAvoy (Atonement)
Gordon Pinsent (Away from Her)

Apologies to Tom Hanks, Frank Langella, and Sam Riley, whose films I regrettably have not yet seen.

Discuss!

Related:
My Best Actor picks for 2006
My Best Actor picks for 2005
My Best Actor picks for 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment