Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

29 December 2012

Best Supporting Actor 2012

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz, and the actors who I think need the most votes are at the top.

NATE PARKER, Arbitrage

MIKKEL BØE FOLSGAARD, En Kongelig Affære (A Royal Affair)

TOM HOLLAND, Lo Imposible (The Impossible)

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN, Seven Psychopaths

DWIGHT HENRY, Beasts of the Southern Wild

Also loved:
Javier Bardem, Skyfall
Domhnall Gleeson, Anna Karenina
Samuel L. Jackson, Django Unchained
Irrfan Khan, Life of Pi
Émilien Néron, Monsieur Lazhar 
Eddie Redmayne, Les Misérables
Aaron Tveit, Les Misérables

Related:
My Best Supporting Actor Picks for 2011
My Best Supporting Actor Picks for 2010
My Best Supporting Actor Picks for 2009
My Best Supporting Actor Picks for 2008
My Best Supporting Actor Picks for 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment