Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

06 August 2023

Spring Blossom (2020)

Oh wow! Seize Printemps is just so good. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. Suzanne Lindon woman wrote this while she was a teenager and then starred in it and directed it at age twenty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a film about love like this one.

For some reason this has a lot of negative reviews on Letterboxd, and I probably oughtn't to have looked at them because, well, people are awful, and, indeed, this is what I found out when I looked. But what I learned on there is that people are actually not interested in how teenagers see the world. The people who disliked the movie were bored or felt the movie was shallow or creepy. I guess I can see not being at all interested in young people and simply deciding that anything young people have to say is not worth listening to, but that's not how I felt at all watching Spring Blossom. This was a fascinating and very sweetly beautiful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment