Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

23 October 2004

Conquering

I don't like doing so many things alone. I need to figure out what I need to do to apply for these grad schools and I just don't feel like doing it all by myself. I have no motivation. I must learn to be more self-motivated.

Last night I went to sleep with a sheet, a comforter, and a throw blanket on top of me in that order. When I woke up, the sheet was on top, and underneath was the comforter. Underneath that was the throw blanket. I have no idea how this happened.

Wahima's birthday party last night was a lot of fun. There was good music, good food, and fun people. Many of Wahima's friends from Starbucks were there. All seemed cool. Also in attendance: Elizabeth, Aaron, Ashley, Danny, Kim, and Justin.

This morning I watched Pelle the Conqueror, the Danish film from 1987. It was pretty bleak, but it felt more sentimental and less important than films like, say, Andrzej Wajda's Promised Land and Miloš Forman's Loves of a Blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment