Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

02 October 2004

Knock You Off Your Routine

Because I quit work yesterday and my new job doesn't start until Monday, I had all day to myself. I woke up and watched Wong Kar-Wai's Happy Together. I loved his film In the Mood for Love and I thought to myself that I might want to see another of his films. Plus Happy Together is a film about a gay couple. It's okay—not great. But it stars the beautiful Tony Leung Chiu Wai (Hero, In the Mood for Love, Infernal Affairs, Chungking Express). Mainly, the movie made me think of Andrew, or rather, Andrew's physical presence. I miss Andrew's body.

Boo to the renovations they are doing to my two-story Target on Colorado. The clothing department has taken over both floors. You can't find anything anymore. And I do not buy clothes there. I'm far too much of a snob for that. I think I will find a new Target: one where you can still buy paper towels and dental floss and dishwasher detergent and chewing gum.

I went shopping today and spent literally hundreds of dollars on clothes. I need dressy clothes since I am going to have to dress up every single damn day now. No more wearing shirts that say "I'm Not Gay But My Boyfriend Is" or "Morning Wood" to work anymore. I bought dress shoes too. At Nordstrom. They're Kenneth Cole Reaction and they're hot.

I was positively grinning all day today. I am so happy to be away from my old job and on to something new. After the shopping I visited the family and then went to Brea to bid farewell to one of my closest friends. Derek is moving to Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon. This is a part of the autumn and the changes that are happening now that the seasons are shifting. Some of the changes feel good and some of them don't feel so good. But Julie set up this cool scrapbook/photo album/memory book that most of us contributed to and that was the centerpiece of the evening. Julie did a really nice job with it and the stuff that people wrote was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment