Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

25 October 2004

Hail to Rehnquist

The Chief got taken to the hospital today and they did a tracheotomy. The news said that Thyroid cancer (which is his diagnosis) is normally treatable and the recovery rate is 90%, but they also said that tracheotomies are very very rarely done and that the tracheotomy means bad news for the Chief. I am concerned. I guess he'll retire in the next four years whether Bush is re-elected or not. He's not going to have much choice, poor guy. He hopes to be back on the bench in the next few days. Typical. Medical estimates say a week is more realistic, but speculation abounds. He might be forced to retire very soon.

Valparaiso is going wonderfully, wonderfully well. I only have good days. This is a totally new experience for me. I don't think I've ever experienced this with a show before. I doubt that it's the best thing I've ever done, but it sure is going to be good. And I'm collaborating, which is even better. I feel like the actors are having so much more influence on me than normal. I feel really good about it.

It's pandemonium at my old job says my old supervisor. To be expected, I suppose. I feel in the groove at the new job, though. Things are just fine. I finished my Halloween costume today thanks to the Titmeister and my mother coming through. Good times. I'm gonna look swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment