Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 January 2005

I hate this fucking rain.

I got sales calls today from the Geffen Playhouse and South Coast Rep. I know I'm not interested in giving any more money to the Geffen, but I will think about SCR, considering they have a deal for us youngsters under the age of 25. It's just that Costa Mesa is so goddamn far.

Can we say Productive Evening?

I finished all of my graduate applications. Finished all of them. They are mailed. Done. Now all there is to do is wait.

Good thing I have the Academy Awards to keep me giddy and obsessed for the next two months while I wait to see if I'm cool enough to be in the Ph.D. club.

I also cooked (!)
I made the most delicious chicken. I browned 5 chicken fillets in butter after covering them in kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. To the pot, I then added some pinot grigot, a liberal dose of fresh thyme, 2 chopped white onions, a half a pound of sliced mushrooms, a bay leaf (yum) and 2 sliced sour apples. Chicken can cook like this in very little liquid if you cover it. It took about 25 minutes and then I had some delicious chicken. At the last minute, I added some heavy cream and let that simmer for a moment for a nice touch. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment