Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

11 December 2005

Everyone's hopping about Brokeback Mountain. The Los Angeles Film Critic's Association named it Best Picture on Saturday and the Boston Society of Film Critics followed suit today. Brokeback came out this weekend in Los Angeles (Is there a pun in that sentence? I'm turning into my father) and yet I did not see it.
I caught three movies, though: Narnia, Mrs Henderson Presents, and tonight, finally: The Squid and the Whale. I wasn't too crazy about it, but I have to say that I liked Laura Linney in a movie for the first time in a very long time. And my GOD were her outfits horrible in the film! HORRIBLE, I tell you.

In application-to-grad-school news I completed eight of my applications on Saturday. You read that correctly. I only have two applications left to do. It was a good, productive weekend, and though I'm surprised I got as many movies in as I did, I'm glad I did.

Updated List for 2005: Recent Viewings in Boldface

1. Good Night, and Good Luck.
2. Pride & Prejudice
3. Me and You and Everyone We Know
4. A History of Violence
5. Junebug
6. The Constant Gardener
7. Capote
8. Kingdom of Heaven
9. Thumbsucker
10. Mrs Henderson Presents
11. Jarhead
12. Downfall
13. The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
14. Syriana
15. The Beat That My Heart Skipped
16. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
17. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
18. Batman Begins
19. Millions
20. The Upside of Anger
21. Cinderella Man
22. Walk the Line
23. In Her Shoes
24. 3-iron
25. Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
26. Bee Season
27. Shopgirl
28. Kung Fu Hustle
29. Wedding Crashers
30. Melinda and Melinda
31. The Squid and the Whale
32. 2046
33. Walk on Water
34. The Dying Gaul
35. Mysterious Skin
36. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
37. Broken Flowers
38. Heights
39. Last Days
40. Proof
41. Prime
42. North Country
43. Monster-in-law
44. Sin City
45. Ma Mère
46. Ladies in Lavender.
47. Steamboy
48. Chicken Little
49. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

No comments:

Post a Comment