Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

17 January 2019

Best Supporting Actress 2018

My top choices in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. In other words, this is my top five, but I acknowledge that this list is already influenced by awards buzz. They are not in order of my preference. Instead, the actors whom I think would theoretically benefit the most from my vote are at the top.


 
ELIZABETH DEBICKI, Widows

REGINA KING, If Beale Street Could Talk

AMY ADAMS, Vice

Also loved:
Tyne Daly, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Shayna McHayle, Support the Girls
Andrea Riseborough, The Death of Stalin
Dolly Wells, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Apologies to:
Iris Bry (Les Gardiennes) and Michelle Yeoh (Crazy Rich Asians), whose films I have not yet seen.

Related:
My Best Supporting Actress picks from past years (2004-2017)
My Best Actress picks from 2018
My Best Actor picks from 2018
My Best Supporting Actor picks from 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment