Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

06 February 2022

Best Supporting Actor 2021

I used to list my favorite supporting actors of the year in the order I would place them on my Academy ballot if I were allowed to vote. But I am not doing that this year since this category is crowded by lead actors campaigning in the supporting category. So... here is my top five in alphabetical order. These are the five I would nominate if I were an academy of one.

GREGORY DIAZ IV, In the Heights

MIKE FAIST, West Side Story

WOODY FOX, C'mon C'mon

TROY KOTSUR, CODA

JESSE PLEMONS, The Power of the Dog

Also loved:
Ed Harris, The Lost Daughter
Corey Hawkins, The Tragedy of Macbeth
Ciarán Hinds, Belfast
Herbert Nordrum, Verdens Verste Menneske (The Worst Person in the World)

Related:
My Best Supporting Actor picks from past years (2004-2020)
My Best Actress picks from 2021
My Best Actor picks from 2021
My Best Supporting Actress picks from 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment