Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

30 May 2004

Great Movie!

This morning I watched Live Flesh (Carne Tremula) by Pedro Almodóvar.  It is so good!  I love Almodóvar.  I think he is one of my absolute favorite directors.  This is the fourth film of his I've seen.  Watching one of his movies is like being a little bit drunk.  It just kind of takes over and I feel like someone who I completely trust is taking me somewhere I know I'll enjoy when I get there.  But the important thing is the ride.  It's so full of beautiful music and bright colors.  I can't vouch for all of his films, but I recommend without reservation: Talk to Her, All About My Mother, Live Flesh, and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.  Next on my list: What Did I Ever Do to Deserve This?


I still haven't finished the Olivier Henry V.  It's just so boring.  At least it isn't as boring as his Hamlet... yet.  It might get worse.  I am only 40 minutes in.


I'm going to make brownies now.  And then...


Drinkapalooza!

No comments:

Post a Comment