Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

10 April 2004

I am such a sap!

Was that me? Was that him? Did a prince really kiss me? ...And kiss me? ...And kiss me? ...And did I kiss him back?


I just finished watching Mr. Holland's Opus.  Of course, I cried.  I once had a teacher like this... someone who touched me in ways that I am not sure I can ever describe.  Someone who gave me ways to say things I never thought possible. 


Joanna Gleason has a cameo at the end.  It made me want to listen to Into the Woods.  She is just amazing in that show.


Is it always 'or' is it never 'and'?  That's what woods are for... for those moments in the woods.  Oh, if life were made of moments, even now and then a bad one.  But if life were only moments, then you'd never know you had one.


I finished my State tax return tonight, and Leo came over and we finished his tax return too.  Then we sat and gossiped and talked about hot guys. ;)


I told him all about this boy Ali Ara who is the reason I got into theatre in the first place.  So typical, Aaron joined for the cute boys... really just the cute boy: see Ali wasn't necessarily a drama-type person.  He was just this hot guy a year older than me (or rather a grade above me and two years older than me) who sat behind me in World Lit.  He was on the football team and the basketball team and the wrestling team and he was in ROTC.  He convinced me to audition for the drama group in H.S. (called Reveille for some reason or other... I think it had something to do with evangelizing). Then, of course, Ali didn't even audition.  Naturally, every boy who auditioned for drama was asked in as they had so few.  So I got in, and got to spend no time with Ali because of it.  I did, however, get to be in the hideous morality play Everyman. ;)


Can't we just pursue our lives, with our children and our wives 'til that happy day arrives, how do you ignore? All the witches, all the curses, all the wolves, all the lies, the false hopes, the goodbyes, the reverses.  All the wondering what even worse is still in store.  All the children.  All the giants.  No more.


Anyway, Leo left at like 9:30 and I watched Holland's Opus.  I'm gonna go to bed now.  I get to get up and go to a rehearsal where I'm in charge.  It has been so long since I've been in the driver's seat.  I hope I have a set tomorrow.  Hey, a girl can dream.


Leo is so funny.


Cheers, loves.  I hope poor Emmitt can get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment