Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

13 April 2004

President Bush

I have been listening to his press conference for the last half hour or so, and I made a promise to myself after he took a couple of questions: "If he doesn't answer the next question, I'll shut it off."
It's such a waste of time listening to him. The worst part is that I want to believe. I really do. I disagree with his moralist politics, and I think his foreign policy is sorely lacking, but I really want to believe he's telling the truth. The problem is, no matter how many questions he's asked, he just won't answer them. He talks after they finish asking the questions, but he doesn't answer them. Ever.
"Do you feel personally responsible for 9-11?"
Bush: "No one could have predicted they would use airplanes as missiles."
"A lot of people claim that you don't admit when you do something wrong, Mr. President. Do you think that's a fair criticism?"
Bush: "Sadaam was a bad guy."

I had to shut it off. I can't even listen to him anymore. I just want to go in there and scream JUST TALK TO US!!! LEVEL WITH US!!! TELL US THE TRUTH WHETHER IT MAKES YOU LOOK BAD OR NOT!!! I just feel like he's lying all the time. And it's not that I hate the Republicans, or even his administration. When Dr. Rice talks, I believe what she's saying to me. When Donald Rumsfeld talks, I believe the man. When Antonin Scalia talks, I believe him. When Bush talks I am waiting on the edge of my seat for something that sounds like the truth and it never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment