Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

20 June 2004

Furthermore:

Why should I apologize for disliking jokes about feces that Michael repeats from Dodgeball?  Why is it I that am villified because I didn't think The Terminal was funny?  (I don't think it was supposed to be funny, by the way.)  I hate this: my brother and my sister make fun of me for not enjoying toilet humor. 


Grr.  This is why I am wary of spending time with Michael.  It's not that he's a mean person, but making fun of me is a way of passing the time for my sister and him.  I had an entry earlier this week about lightening up about this sort of thing, but it comes across as so malicious.  I just don't know how to enjoy laughing at myself.  I don't think I'm ridiculous and I actually don't like it that some other people think I am ridiculous.  Everyone reading this probably thinks I really am quite ridiculous and 'How can I not notice?'  But I think I see myself as essentially a really sincere person.  I tell the truth almost all of the time, and the idea that how I feel or what I'm thinking is funny rubs me the wrong way and actually makes me a little sad.


Hmm.  Maybe I should lighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment