Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

04 June 2004

Shit

Rescheduled Brittney scene work to today at 2:30p at CSUP. Now I'm sorry I did it, 'cuz what I really wanna do is go home, do laundry, drink Dr Pepper, watch a movie, and have a grilled cheese sandwich. Instead I'll be trekking out to Pomona, working until 4:30p, and then having to hang out in Pomona until 8:00p when the EME show starts. Hmm.

I think I must be feeling like shit today because I've been thinking...
Why am I directing a show like The Taming of the Shrew? What was I thinking? I mean, I had my reasons, and I think it will turn out fine, but what was in my head? It's so... lightweight. I know I say that about all of Shakespeare's early work, but it is lightweight. Working on it yesterday it just kind of occurred to me how actually shallow the show is.
My show that will go up in November is just the opposite: dense, funny, disturbing, and raging in topic from AIDS to the Cretaceous Period.

Shrew is just so not ME.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just having a down day.

On an up note: HP3 got raves this morning from the critics on Airtalk. I have yet to read David Edelstein's review, but I feel so optimistic.

"When I think of all the people I have come upon in my travels... I have to think of all the people who have come upon me." -Hedwig Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment