Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

22 June 2004

That Looks Gay

Our production meeting actually went very well today.  Inez has great costume ideas, and we all know I think Nick is a really cool producer.  He is such fun.  We joke and laugh and just generally talk nonsense.


John suggests that Grumio wear roller skates in Act 1 Scene 2.


???


If John ever gives me a suggestion I actually like I think I might pass out.


But we did schedule paper tech, the hang, focus, and the building of cues.


Inez and John have some sort of weird notion that actors are going to want to come help us do tech shit on their weekends.  Yeah.  Right. 


Boy was I in a mood today at rehearsal.  Brittney said, "that looks gay" at some point in the evening and I went off like a fire alarm.  "Oh, it's gay?" I asked.  "And by 'gay' you mean 'bad,' right?  So you think it's gay that you're coming in the same way you're exiting?  You don't like the idea of going out and coming in the same way?  OH!  You were making an allusion to anal sex.


It wasn't my finest hour.


I still don't have a Vincentio.  I could murder someone.  (We all know who.)  Tonight Kevin said, "When do you think you will have someone?"  I just laughed.


I think Act II is about 45 minutes long at this point.  That's a very good sign of things to come.  Tomorrow and Thursday we're doing Act I.

No comments:

Post a Comment