Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

08 June 2004

I Wanna Run to You

Rehearsal went swimmingly again today.  Sometimes, I am just on top of shit.  I actually started blocking for real today, and I solved a problem I was having with the homophobia of having a sexless homosexual on my stage.  Problems all solved.


The pizza thing was so dumb.  I mean, there was free pizza so that was cool, but mainly it was silly.  I guess I don't think that actors really need a lot of help getting acquainted with one another.  Most of them are already fast friends.  I got a costume designer tonight too, which makes me feel so much better!


At some point, three of the girls called me over and told me they didn't know anyone there, and I'm thinking, "So go meet them."  I mean, what do you want me to do: play ice-breakers?  With actors this problem is so unusual.  I haven't ever really met any shy actors.  Normally they just sort of jump right in and talk to one another.  They all work in the same field, so it's not like they have no common interests.  It seemed like an odd request from these girls.  I am used to being a mixer now... I know I used to be shy, but now I'm a mixer, and I don't understand what keeps people with their backs to the wall. 


I am listening to "Flashdance... What a Feeling."  That's right Irene.  What a feeling.


I love the sign that some people have that says "I came on Eileen."  How fun is that?!


Please welcome Academy Award winner Robin Williams:  Oh my god, they killed Kenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment