Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

04 July 2004

Independence!

I woke up very late this morning, and when I finally did wake up I had a message from Derek, bugging me to go to the 4th of July celebration at Lisa's parents' house.  Now Jaime had been bugging me to do this all week, and I figured: free food.  Derek also mentioned vollyeball, and I've been having a bit of a craving to play some kind of sport for a while now.  (Remember the almost-played-basketball-with-Jeremy incident?)  So I thought that volleyball sounded like a lot of fun.  I was still in my underwear when D called again around 2:00p, so I decided to get dressed and go.  I am glad I did.  It was really fun.  We played volleyball for, like, four hours.  And I ended up being fairly good at it.  I hadn't seen my friends (except for Jai) in over 2 weeks, so that was good too.


So this is who was there: the Barber clan (Lisa, her mom Maggie, her dad Dave, her brother Brian, and his girlfriend Fabby (?)), the Schroeder clan (Anna, her dad Bob, her mom Sue, her brother Paul, her sister Betsy (who we all call Butts), and Betsy's husband Kevin), the Evangelista clan (Julie, Julie's mom whose name I can't remember, Julie's dad Bob, Chris, Scott, and Anita), there were also some other random family people who I didn't know and me, Jaime, and John.  Derek also brought his brother and sister.  Big schindig.  Everyone was very nice; we played a lot of volleyball, and there was a lot of food.  There was also karaoke.  Downer of the night was Kevin, Betsy's husband, who is a homophobe (I guess) picking a fight with Betsy over whatever it was.  Dick.  Seriously.  You don't do that at parties: especially family functions.  Be a dick when you get home. 


I wasn't "on," so a lot of people kept asking me what was wrong, but I was just trying to relax.  I didn't drink all day, either.  I only had a couple of Jell-o shots around 6:00 or so.


Also, Anna's sister Sarah had her baby: Kylie.  They're all so glad it's a girl.  Sarah and Joey's son Noah is only about 1, so it sounds like a handful to me.  She looks adorable, though.  (Anz brought pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment