Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

14 July 2004

...Is in my ears and in my eyes

Jaime and the Other Jamie from Starbucks came down to my casa and then we went to Old Town to just walk around.  We went to the 35er first and shared a pitcher of Bud Light (gross).  Then we walked around: to Penny Lane where I bought Tim Rice's Aida for $5, the score to Out of Africa for $10, and the soundtrack to Georgia (a CD I have been trying to get ever since I saw the movie... I love Mare Winningham's songs in the film) for $5.  Score!  I can't believe my luck!  Then we went to B&N where I bought an enormous book called The Soup Bible.


I'm a sucker for soup.  When I was younger, I used to visit my grandfather every single weekend.  He would come pick me up and I would go over to his house and spend the whole weekend there.  Most weekends we would make soup.  We tried all different kinds: I can remember cherry soup, pumpkin soup, watercress soup (which tastes exactly like broccoli if you wondered), seafood gumbo, and even a soup made around red cabbage.  The best soup ever was this Potato Leek soup for which I still have the recipe.  Lots of butter and lots of white pepper.  Mmm.


Jai lent me Running with Scissors.  Cool.  I will start that when I finish The Lives of a Cell which is fucking brilliant.  Thanks, Cyn.


Remember Almost Famous?  What a good fucking movie that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment