Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

25 July 2004

Tonight, Jaime, John, Xiomara, Derek, Tim&Jim, Samantha, and my lovely friend Wahima all came to the show.  The show was okay, but mostly, I think, the actors are and look tired.  They seem to all miss me too, which is good, I suppose.  I think I remember being really excited when the director would come back and watch the show.  Maybe on Thursday I'll spend the show backstage with the actors.  I will definitely go down on Thursday and talk to them.  They need it, I think.  Matt (once again) did some silly jokes that he came up all by himself.  They weren't funny (again).  Grr.  He makes me mad.  I can't tell him not to do jokes I haven't approved every night.  Dammit that makes me mad.  Ah well.  Brittney and Michael get better and better, quite honestly.  I think Mike Steger really is quite a star in this show.


It's funny, I wish all of my friends had come a couple weeks ago when the show was still mine.  Now it is the actors' show, and it seems weird to have my friends coming to see it.


After the show, I decided not to go see The Bourne Supremacy.  I went home and made myself one of the best gin and tonics I've ever had.  (Sometimes I am brilliant with the liquor.)  The roommate headed out almost exactly when I got there, so I sat in my living room and watched Billy Crystal's movie Mr. Saturday Night.  It's no good, unfortunately.  It's like a two hour Tracey Ullman sketch with Crystal in the Tracey Ullman role.  It would have been a much better movie if Woody Allen had directed it, I think... or if Milton Berle had played Crystal's part.  Ah well.  It was a nice quiet evening.


I started work on Pterodactyls today.  Officially.  This show is going to be really tough, and so much fun.  Next week I will make some calls about it, I think.  YAY.


Forget about the boy.


Forget about the boy.


Forget about the boy.


There is no boy.  I'm full of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment