Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

17 August 2004

Events of the Day (long)

Asked Steve if he could let me go at 4:30 so I could go to CSUP to pick up my plays and see what I wanted to direct. He just gave me this look. It said, "Why don't you just tell me you have a job interview? I can take it, asshole." But I didn't have a job interview... too bad, too.


I drove to CSUP and of course Marie was gone even though she said specifically that she would be there until 5:30p and I got there at 5:00p. Ryan was there, though, and Dennis and Joyce, who I naturally talked to for about 40 minutes. Ryan and I used to be very close. But he's in school now and I'm not... and all he wants to do is complain about school. I don't know. I got Joyce to let me into Linda's office and I found my plays and headed out.


The plan was to meet Jaime and Jamie in Claremont and then go to Oasis for the rest of the evening. J&J were late so I thumbed through the two plays that were my old runners-up. Valparaiso is looking promising. I just have to check with the set designer (and Bill) and make sure we can do the video. I don't know shit about video and Valparaiso has some important video content. Then I totally ran into Becca and we hung out for about 20 minutes and then she headed out. J&J showed up soon after, but Oasis was closed (Mondays & Tuesdays I guess there's no party.)


I have to remember that I am not going to direct a show that's anything like Pterodactyls and I have to be okay with that. I had my heart set on that fucking show, but I will do a different kind of show and it will be really good in a different kind of way.


J&J and I decided to go to our usual Sushi house to eat tempura and drink. That worked out. Jai and I have the greatest relationship ever. It so rocks. I love having someone who can finish my goddamn sentences. She's not a man but what can you do?


Had one great conversation each with Wahima and Ashley today, too. It was a good day. It's a relief to have a support system that knows how to behave when I need a lift. Thanks, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment