Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

16 August 2004

Algunas Muchachas

I should not speak ill of some of the people of whom I wish to speak ill.   There are some people I just shouldn't hang out with.  Usually I don't.  I'm usually good about this sort of thing.


I did see a very good movie, though: We Don't Live Here Anymore by John Curran with Mark Ruffalo, Laura Dern, Peter Krause, and Naomi Watts.  It's a great little melodrama with some wonderful acting.  Laura Dern is particularly good. And the sound in the movie is used very well.  I was quite conscious of sound during this movie.  The score is nice and spare, but it's the other auditory choices the director made that really struck me as interesting. 


Mark Ruffalo is in EVERYTHING.  Four high profile movies this year!  Really that's quite stunning.  He's supporting in all but We Don't Live Here Anymore, but still!  That's impressive.  Kenneth Lonergan put him on the map in 2000 and he hasn't looked back. 


Kenneth Lonergan should direct another movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment