Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

22 August 2004

Show Me the Way to Go Home

I've never been a fan of Spielberg. I confess it. I think his movies are manipulative, and recently, too schmaltzy and saccharine for my taste. I like Minority Report and I like The Color Purple. I sort of like Schindler's List and I half-like E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial. But his last two movies I haven't liked, and I hated Artificial Intelligence: A.I.


That said, I watched Jaws today for the first time and I loved it. This movie has got to be the best movie of its kind ever made. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The movie is absolutely terrific. I realize that I'm probably the only person over the age of twenty who hasn't seen this movie, but if you haven't seen it, go out and rent it. It's a masterpiece of cinema... quite honestly.


And if you have seen the movie, you might want to watch "Jaws in 30 Seconds (and Re-enacted by Bunnies".

No comments:

Post a Comment