Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

03 August 2004

Theatre

I haven't done a full inspection of various theatres' seasons around town, but a few have been released and I am getting really excited.  The Taper's came out weeks ago, but I only got my subscription last week.  They are putting on Edward Albee's The Goat!!!  I haven't been this excited about a play in a long time... not since last year, I suppose, when they announced Topdog/Underdog (which was fucking awesome times ten) and Homebody/Kabul (which turned out to be a kind of a stinker, but who's counting?).


In addition to the Taper putting on Albee's brilliant play, the Geffen, which announced its season this week is going to be doing Take Me Out by Richard Greenberg!!!! AND the one person show I Am My Own Wife, which recently won a Pulitzer.  I am so freaking excited!


I have no one to go with me to these events, so if you want to go, let me know.  I'll be going even if I go by myself, so if you want to see great theatre, hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment