Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

08 August 2004

Trailers

Shark Tale looks pretty funny.  I'm seeing it just for Scorsese, to be honest.


Saw looks fucked up, but not as fucked up as I'd heard.  I'll skip it.


Ray looks like it boasts a fucking killer performance by Jamie Foxx.  But ten'll get you twenty that the movie is too long and tries to fit too much in.  Why do biopics always do this?  Can someone name me five really great biopics?  I don't think I can name even two or three.  The only one that comes to mind is The Pride of the Yankees, and I think that falls prey to exactly what I'm talking about here.


Criminal looks like it's an exact remake of the Fabián Belinsky film Nine Queens (Nueve Reinas).  WHY?  Nueve Reinas is an awesome con film.  One of the best ever.  And it's not even old... maybe four years.  Why remake this?  Sure, it boasts John C. Reilly and Diego Luna, but really.  This film seems so unnecessary.


Go rent Nueve Reinas (Nine Queens) if you haven't seen it.  It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment