Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

06 March 2004

Can you feel the love tonight...

I really need to do laundry today, but that takes quarters which I think I have in my car all the way downstairs in the garage... which means I must get dressed because someone might see me.


Does anyone want to go see a student-directed production of Jean Genet's The Balcony at UCLA?  I have never seen it, and I like Genet, so I'm thinking of going.  I think it runs this weekend and next.  I also am planning on heading down to CSULB for Lanford Wilson's Burn This which my friend Brian is in.  If any of you LJ-ers wanna come with, let me know.


I have to be careful that what I do at CSUP doesn't become some kind of longer pattern in my life.  I musn't settle.  It's funny, though... I think of what I do as a kind of service.  I help people, actors, etc.  As a teacher, I am rather under the impression that that is the goal of a teacher.  I suppose I never thought that the goal of a teacher could be to excel at teaching.  I'm not someone who is a climber.  I am not into the whole "upwardly mobile" thing, but maybe that is the suburbanite in me keeping me down.  I think I have the capacity to be the climber, but is it something I desire?  I'm just not sure yet.  I am so glad I applied to UCLA, though.


What I am is what I am are you what you are or what?  [If only you were right, Edie, but what I am is not what I am and what you are is not what you are, either.]

No comments:

Post a Comment