Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

29 March 2004

Working Man

My boss called to say that he is not coming in today.  Hooray!  Jill is coming home in exactly 2 weeks.  Only for a week, but still... I miss that girl.


I am at Nancy's station since that bitch called in sick and my computer is busy doing a software update that I swear is the longest thing I've ever sat through, and I have to do it for every single one of my payroll clients, which means like 30 minutes times 15.  Steve will not be happy, but what can I do?  The software has to be updated when the software company tells me it needs to be updated.  Tax season be damned.


"We must all have waffles forthwith."  It is hot today, and lovely.  I wish I were outside.  Perhaps I will take a walk this evening down to the promenade, but then I will want to BUY things, and I need to not buy things.


What am I doing with my life?  I need to go back and think some more about my statements of purpose.  There is more that needs to come out.


I was rereading Pinter's play "Family Voices," Is that what it's called?  And I was thinking that what I want to direct is The Designated Mourner, I mean as well as my new love Valparaiso.  I think Valparaiso is more of a kick in the ass... maybe that one would be better.  I'm thinking about it.  Bill might have some ideas of what he wants me to do next year, but if he gives me something crap to do, I may just say no across the board.  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment