Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea. —Henry Fielding

27 March 2004

Lazy Day

I finally watched Bicentennial Man after letting it sit around my house for over 2 weeks. And... I liked it. Really. I was surprised to find it intellectually engaging. It was, of course, being a Chris Columbus movie, treacly and cloying and waaay to fucking sweet to be a good movie, but it was moderately good and rarely boring in a kind of Romantic Comedy way. Robin Williams' sense of humor is well-used and never overdone, and it deals with pretty much the same issues as A.I. does, albeit without 6 endings, and without the hotness that is Jude Law. Embeth Davitz is excellent, and I actually liked Sam Neill for probably the first time in the history of his films. It is overly long (about 2 1/2 hour), and very heavy handed (Columbus is an absolute hack), but it says interesting things.
Color me surprised.
I have decided to cook today. It will not be a day of complete laziness. Perhaps I shall pay bills, too, but then again perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment